Prince Nikolai of Denmark (Nikolai William Alexander Frederik; born 28 August 1999), is the elder child and son of Prince Joachim of Denmark and and his first wife, Alexandra, Countess of Frederiksborg. He is the first grandchild of Queen Margrethe II and the late Henrik, Prince Consort of Denmark.
Nikolai is seventh in the line of succession to the Danish throne.
|Danish Royal Family|
Nikolai was born at Rigshospitalet in Copenhagen, Denmark, on 28 August 1999.
Nikolai was christened on 6 November 1999, in the chapel of Fredensborg Palace. Per Danish tradition, his names were announced for the first time as Nikolai William Alexander Frederik.
Parents' Divorce and Remarriages
Nikolai was confirmed on 18 May 2013 in Fredensborg Palace Church in the presence of his immediate family and godparents.
Nikolai attended Krebs School in Copenhagen.
In 2014, he began 10th grade at Herlufsholm School in Næstved and received his upper secondary education there as well.
In 2018, it was reported that he was working as a fashion model. He debuted at the 2018 London Fashion Week.
Titles, Styles, and Honours
Titles and Styles
- 28 August 1999 - 29 April 2008: His Royal Highness Prince Nikolai of Denmark
- 29 April 2008 - present: His Royal Highness Prince Nikolai of Denmark, Count of Monpezat
- 11 June 2009: Commemorative 75th Birthday Medal of His Royal Highness The Prince Consort
- 16 April 2010: Commemorative 70th Birthday Medal of Her Majesty The Queen
- 14 January 2012: Commemorative Ruby Jubilee Medal of Her Majesty The Queen
- 16 April 2015: Commemorative 75th Birthday Medal of Her Majesty The Queen
Prince Nikolai of DenmarkBorn: 28 August 1999
|Lines of succession|
Prince Joachim of Denmark
|Succession to the Danish throne|
| Succeeded by|
Prince Felix of Denmark
|Succession to the British throne|
descended from Arthur, son of Victoria